The Red Pine Scholars Program is dedicated to making college affordable for Massachusetts families and helping students reach their full potential. Red Pine supports high school seniors and recent graduates from Massachusetts who have demonstrated academic excellence and are planning to attend competitive colleges as freshmen. If accepted into the program, students receive a four-year scholarship of up to $25,000 annually, plus individual mentoring, funding for enrichment opportunities, and other supports throughout college.
The Red Pine Scholars Program is open to any Massachusetts high school student or recent graduate who meets the eligibility criteria listed below.
- US citizens and non-citizens are welcome to apply.
- Permanent resident of Massachusetts.
- Students must be able to prove their financial need for the scholarship via tax documents or enrollment in government support programs, and by filling out the FAFSA.
- Adjusted gross family income (AGI) of $110,000 or less (as shown on your most recent tax returns).
- Substantial unmet need (at least $5,000) as determined by college financial aid award letter (you will likely not know this at time of application).
- Senior at accredited high school in Massachusetts.
- Enrolling as a full-time freshman to pursue a Bachelor’s degree at a four-year college with a strong track record of supporting students through graduation and into successful careers.
- Strong academic record (enrolled in a demanding, college-prep course of study).
- Involved in a balance of community, school, and work activities.
- Ability to articulate goals and future plans.
Winter: Application available
February 15, 2024 by 5:00pm EST: Applications due
March-April: Scholarship decisions emailed to applicants and semi-finalist interviews conducted
April: Finalists selected
August: Scholarship payments sent to colleges