The Blair Family AvalonBay College Scholarship offers up to $25,000 per year to children of full-time AvalonBay associates who excel academically, are actively engaged in extracurricular and/or community activities and have substantial financial need.
The Blair Family AvalonBay College Scholarship program is open only to children of full-time AvalonBay associates.
The Blair Family AvalonBay College Scholarship offers up to $25,000 per year to children of full-time AvalonBay associates who excel academically, are actively engaged in extracurricular and/or community activities and have substantial financial need. Scholarships are renewable for up to four years provided the student remains in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.8. Scholarship amounts are determined based on financial need and the financial aid package awarded by the institution the student plans to attend.
- Applicants must be dependent children (defined as children, stepchildren, or legal wards supported principally by the associate parent/guardian) of full-time, regular associates of AvalonBay as of the date of the initial scholarship award and the AvalonBay associate must have had full-time employment status for at least one year prior to the date of the award. Scholarship recipients who remain in good academic standing are eligible to receive up to an additional three years of support after the initial award while pursuing an undergraduate degree whether or not a parent is still employed by Avalon Bay.
- Recipients must be pursuing a four-year degree at an undergraduate college or university within the US accredited by one of the national or regional institutional accrediting bodies recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Applicants must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen (eligible to receive federal financial aid) and must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The scholarship is targeted primarily for families with substantial financial need. Applicants will be required to submit family financial information similar to that provided when seeking financial aid. All scholarship applications will be reviewed by an outside review committee that is independent of AvalonBay.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll full-time in an accredited undergraduate institution in the fall of the upcoming academic year. They must be seniors in high school or currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Students attending graduate school are not eligible to receive a scholarship through this program.
January: Application available
March 29, 2024: Applications due
Late April: Finalists selected and tentative scholarship amounts determined
August: Scholarship payments sent to colleges